7 Day Fitness Academy is taking on the challenge of putting together A Free Monthly Boot Camp for kids @ McWhorter Elementary School Gym located at: 1700 Hickory Tree, Mesquite TX 75149, we will dedicate time for 20 children, ages 12 – 17, and will conduct a camp the first full week of every month, The 1st. camp will be held November 7th thru November 11th, and every month after that.
We will have a nutritionist to explain the different options when preparing meals at home and also how to make better choices when eating out, we will have personal trainers to explain the best exercises to do for yourself according to flexibility, balance, core, strength & cardio endurance.
- Increasing physical strength, flexibility and coordination through weight training and cardiovascular exercises.
- Greater independence yet also learning to work together as a team
- Socialization skills, following directions, cooperating, sharing, taking turns to achieve goals.
- Accepting challenges and exploring new ideals about health and fitness
- Feeling proud of accomplishments, assurance and self-esteem
- Preparation for Higher Education
- Criminal behavior prevention
Seven Day Fitness target the physical fitness needs of children particularly overweight and obese children from the ages of 10 to 18 years in basic nutrition and physical exercise programs tailored to their body type. Our approach will help keep their bodies and minds active and productive. We will also implement a positive self esteem regiment to encourage these youth to excel. The children served will reside in the Mesquite, Balch Spring’s area and Dallas County, and Northern New Jersey Paterson Area.